As a Senior Billing & Collections Specialist at Yotpo, you will play a key part in supporting our billing and collection operation as we continue to grow. You will be responsible for processing, reviewing and monitoring deals and incoming payments, answer internal and external related queries and monitor the provisioning process.
You will play a key role in ensuring Yotpo’s revenue and cash flow as we continue to rapidly grow.
You've likely seen us when you shop online, but you might not even know it. Yotpo is the leading eCommerce marketing platform, helping thousands of forward-thinking brands like Rebecca Minkoff, MVMT, Bob’s Discount Furniture, and Steve Madden accelerate growth. We’re a Series D, Forbes Cloud 100 company with 6,000+ happy customers, 450 employees across 4 global offices, and $101M in funding.
- Review and verify deals for compliance with contractual terms, tax requirements, and revenue recognition standards
- Take a customer-facing role with regards to billing and collection matters
- Operate the recurring billing cycle: review and set billing details in the billing system, ensure accurate and timely billing operation and invoicing processes, and send invoices to customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding billing and collection in a timely manner
- Communicate internally with relevant departments to understand and resolve payment delays and billing queries
- Operate the licensing/provisioning flow within the billing system and the company’s internal tools.
- Work with accounting team to develop strategies to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of Accounts Receivable policies and procedures
- Assist in gathering data for quarterly tax filings to different tax authorities
- Meet and develop billing and collection related KPIs/SLAs
- Process and monitor refunds, chargebacks and invoice disputes
- Handle incoming payments and payment-related inquiries on a variety of channels (email, phone, and internal systems)
- Manage the status of accounts and balances for all customers worldwide, and meet monthly/quarterly collection goals
- Communicate with past-due customers (mainly via email and phone) answering any questions or objections the client may have regarding their payment, payment terms, or original agreement, all while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service
- Report on collection and billing activities, Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), and accounts receivable aging status
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- Collection/billing (or related) background with at least 3 years experience at hi-tech SAAS companies
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field - an advantage
- Previous experience with Zuora, Salesforce and Netsuite - a major advantage
- Previous experience with sales tax requirements and working with Avalara - an advantage
- Previous experience with Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Data-oriented with excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
- High level of quality awareness, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and customer-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently, multitask and handle various priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take on ad hoc projects
Benefits and Perks:
- Comprehensive healthcare: medical, dental, life, and vision
- 401K matching
- Generous PTO and summer flex days
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchen of snacks and beverages
- Company outings and happy hours
- Individualized rewards and recognition
- Wellness and philanthropic programming and events
- Working with game-changing technology and the most progressive brands in eCommerce
Yotpo’s employee-centric culture has earned us coveted spots on the Crain’s New York Business Best Places to Work and BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work lists. Directly inspired by employee feedback, Yotpo programming includes diversity & inclusion efforts, a mentorship program, and affinity groups like Yotpo Cares and Women at Work. You’ll be working alongside awesome people where your voice is heard and your perspective encouraged.
Yotpo champions diversity - we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.