Senior Commissions Analyst at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking an experienced commissions professional to join our growing team. The Senior Commissions Analyst will be responsible for helping maintain and operate the Company's sales incentive function, processes, and systems including review of various commissions plans, commissions and other incentive payout calculations. The Senior Commissions Analyst will work closely with Sales, Finance, HR, and (Internal/External) Audit teams. Reporting to the Director of Commissions, the role will be a true partner to the organization with an approach of working to add value to the company.
- Maintain, operate, and update commissions system and processes on a daily basis
- Calculate, process, and support commissions and related transactions
- Assist in preparing and validating calculations for commissions including other incentive earnings
- Ensure commissions calculations are prepared accurately and on time for the sales teams in line with current compensation plans
- Ensure the commissions cycle transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Work with Sales Operations, HR, and Director of Commissions to develop processes for the timely reporting, review, and recording of incentive variable earnings including processing of new hires, promotions, and other commissions related changes.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance including SOX.
- Proper coding of commissions to ensure the expense is reconciled to the accounting system.
- Provide monthly analysis which ties commission payouts to the payfiles and future payments to ensure our monthly commission accrual expense is accurate (“Rollforward” reporting)
- Assist in the implementation of the Yext Compensation Policies and Plans
- Provide monthly commissions analysis and reports on various commissions related metrics
- Handle commissions process and system training for new hires
- Work closely with sales reps teams to address inquiries and resolve commissions issues
- Assist with projects as assigned by management
- BA/BS Degree or similar college level education, Accounting or Finance a plus
- 8+ years of progressive commissions experience, SAAS company preferred
- Experience with major Sales Performance Management systems (Callidus)
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and SOX
- Knowledge of Analytics and Reporting
- Experience with spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel)
- Experience with major CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Experience with major ERP systems (ADP, Workday, Netsuite)
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.