Senior Cost Accountant at DailyPay, Inc.
At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.The Role:
We are seeking an experienced, business-oriented cost accountant to join our growing organization. In this position you will handle all cost management within the company. You will collaborate with professionals throughout the organization to build processes & analyses, promote best practices, and help drive financial success for our various stakeholders. If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
- Design and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, allocations, and records of the organization
- Define various product and operational costs
- Establish standard costs and update them as appropriate
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions and strategies
- Construct systems to accumulate and monitor data
- Collect and organize cost information into a database of expenses
- Determine and calculate formulas for fixed and variable costs, such as rent, insurance, and monthly purchases
- Develop cost forecasts for monthly, quarterly, or annual operating schedules
- Develop the process to provide management with insights to improve profitability of products or services
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by customer
- Partner with leadership on all cost management initiatives
- Work on special projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid cost systems background
- 4+ years of work experience as a cost accountant or other relevant role
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and best practices
- Computer literacy skills, especially with MS Excel and basic data entry and computation
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Proven time management skills and ability to work under strict deadlines
- Respect for confidentiality of information laws and local ethics
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills
- Excellent report-writing, communication and IT skills
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent
- Proficiency with IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) and Netsuite ERP software a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Light breakfast, snacks, and a daily stipend for lunch
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
Please note that DailyPay, Inc. does not accept unsolicited applications from third parties. Do not call to solicit DailyPay employees.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.