Senior Credit and Collections Analyst
As the Senior Credit and Collections Analyst on JW Player’s Finance team, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Sales, Sales Operations, Legal, Finance, and senior management to ensure the success of our credit and collections process.
This role will be instrumental in all facets of collections including the collection of outstanding receivables. You will be responsible for resolving customer billing issues, improving DSO, and managing the credit function.
In this role you will:
- Communicate with customers on a daily basis to ensure timely collections of accounts receivables.
- Analyze delinquent accounts, prepare weekly reports on high risk accounts and make resolution recommendations
- Collaborate with internal teams and customers to resolve billing disputes and credit note requests, including monitoring of the billing queue in our CRM system
- Manage the dunning process and messaging to customers through our billing system
- Develop, implement and maintain standard operating procedures for the credit and collections process
- Calculate the Company’s bad debt reserve and ensure compliance with the bad debt policy.
- Manage the relationship with the third party collections agency
- Oversee credit investigations for new accounts including reviewing financial statements and business credit reports
- Create and implement a credit policy including credit review process, payment terms assessment and decisions
- Develop and track cash forecasting and analysis
- Serve as the point of contact for customers in regards to payments
- Perform presentations to management surrounding areas of responsibility
- Drive Credit & Collections process improvements to generate efficiencies and improve DSO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of credit and collections experience
- Experience working in SaaS environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Highly motivated and results-driven
- Ability to leverage good judgment in problem-solving and issue escalation
- Understanding of and ability to apply U.S. GAAP principles
- Exceptional Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables)
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM and a subscription billing system
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.