Senior Data Engineer, Finance Products at Squarespace
As a member of the Finance Products team, your primary responsibility will be to oversee all of the software that powers our Finance teams, which include Accounting, FP&A and Tax. You will also be collaborating with and providing crucial data to our Data Science teams. The data sets, pipelines, and tools that you build are mission critical for many company-wide decisions and will be for years to come. Additionally, you will work on a team where continuous learning and team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of the day-to-day culture. You will report directly to the manager of the Finance Products team in our NYC Headquarters.
- Build and maintain data processing services built with Airflow
- Write, test and review microbatch or streaming ETL powered by Kafka
- Write, test and review complex SQL queries and stored procedures for Postgres
- Continuously improve our system, tests, and Data Quality Indicators
- Stay knowledgeable about the ever changing technology landscape.
- Work with the team to guide technical and architectural changes.
- Be a technical leader, mentor and encourage the technical growth of your teammates
- You love working directly with the people whose problems you're solving
- You are experienced at data modeling, storage, security, and retrieval
- You're motivated and inspired. You naturally lead a project and ask for help when needed
- You enjoy working with dynamic programming languages, relational databases, and distributed systems. Our platform is ever-evolving, but is a combination of Python, Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Spark, Presto, Kafka, and MongoDB
- You have a deep understanding of the products and tools you work with
- 5+ years of experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.