Senior Director, Finance Shared Services at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Director, Finance Shared Services position to join its growing and dynamic Finance team within a fast-paced organization. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this role will work closely with members of the Finance, HR, FP&A, Sales and Operations teams. In this position, you will be responsible for the centralization, standardization, and implementation of organization-wide finance policies, processes and services. The ideal candidate will be an expert in developing scalable financial processes within a global organization with a vision for scalable growth and automation. The candidate will also have a proven track record of successful cross-functional communication and collaboration to continuously measure, track and improve processes. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a positive impact with a growing company and to work collaboratively with senior leaders at Yext. The successful candidate is someone who is excited to go beyond their traditional responsibilities and work in a team to help grow and scale a high growth business.
- Oversee the global operations in the accounting shared services function which includes procurement, accounts payable, T&E, billing, collections, payroll and commissions.
- Lead the development of cross functional processes and systems that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial process operations and reporting
- Drive process improvement initiatives and foster a customer service culture, including reporting on KPIs and communications with stakeholders, develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Review and modify policies and procedures and help ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements
- Design and develop metrics and reporting to monitor the effectiveness of our current operations and measure the success of initiatives post implementation
- Create partnerships and build trust within the business, including Operations, Purchasing, IT, etc. Participate in cross-functional teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Develop short and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Assist with the implementation of ERP upgrades and other systematic improvements.
- Define and publish dashboards to assist management in decision making
- Define shared service center success metrics and instill financial discipline; ensure that teams understand, support and meet expected performance levels, timely and accurately
- Work closely with Corporate Controller and Internal Audit; ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation required for annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Establish goals and priorities within the department. Mentor, coach, train and develop a first class team.
- 15+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Experience leading shared service organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present complex topics in a clear and concise manner to audiences at various levels of the business
- Understanding of business process and system analysis, including root cause analysis and other process modeling and systems design methodologies
- Ability to work interactively, proactively, and influence across all levels of the organization
- Experience with SEC registered companies with over $1 billion of revenue
- Experience operating in a global organization with operations in EMEA and APAC
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others to drive results in a multi-location environment
- Experience with Netsuite, Workday, ADP, Zuora, Looker and Salesforce or equivalent cloud-based systems
- Excellent team player who is able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Experience engaging and interacting with senior leaders to provide operational updates, obtain sponsorship for strategic priorities and manage stakeholder relationships
- Extensive knowledge of operational processes, systems and internal controls with a strong understanding of financial reporting concepts
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.