Senior Director of Finance at Stash
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for a Senior Director to join our growing finance team. This position will report to the CFO and work closely with the Senior Leadership team to support key business initiatives throughout the organization. A successful candidate will combine excellent analytical skills with an ability to work cross-functionally to help drive operational excellence and achieve Stash’s vision.What You’ll Do:
- Assist in building long-term business and capital plans to help make strategic decisions around future growth initiatives and opportunities
- Design and develop metrics, processes, and reporting to monitor the effectiveness of our current operations and measure the success of initiatives post implementation
- Partner with Business Development team to provide comprehensive quantitative and qualitative assessment of growth initiatives, including new markets, business lines, revenue models, partnerships, and distribution channels to efficiently scaling our business
- Support preparation, distribution, negotiation, and discussion of investor presentations, disclosure documents, and related materials, including materials in support of investor due diligence investigations and periodic disclosure obligations
- Support financial modeling and research initiatives
- 10-15 years of experience in Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Management Consulting, or a similar role
- Solid understanding of accounting standards and modeling financial statements
- B.S. in Management, Finance, Engineering or other relevant subject from a top university
- Self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Pride in your attention to detail and organizational skills
- Top notch excel skills and modeling capabilities
- Familiarity with SQL and managing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.