We are looking for a Senior Director of Music Reporting who is well versed in music rights and licensing to join our global music team operations in NYC. The selected candidate will report into the VP, Global Music Strategy and Music Business Affairs, and will lead and oversee various areas of the music reporting process including label, publisher, PRO royalties and International reporting.
Music is an essential part of the Peloton ecosystem and brand. The music department plays a vital role in sourcing, negotiating and programming the best music content that powers our workouts and continuously surprises and delights our membership.
- Execution of monthly and quarterly global music reporting process, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting to internal team members and external music partners.
- Liaise with Data Science to ensure data integrity of reporting inputs.
- Partner with A/P and Music Program Manager regarding execution of payments and payment schedule from an international and domestic reporting standpoint.
- Review monthly reporting results with key stakeholders, coordinating closely with Finance for follow ups and questions.
- Review all contract terms to ensure accurate capture across all system reporting tools to ensure scalability and accurate reporting to external music partners.
- Help lead the implementation of best reporting practices for the music content team to scale our business and support expansion plans.
- Improve music reporting processes and procedures by exploring new methodologies to further innovate workflow. Work with Accounting and FP&A teams to expedite reporting needs for financial statement close.
- Support external, 3rd party and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Work cross functionally with FP&A, Accounting, Music, Legal, Content, Business Intelligence, Licensing, Treasury, Tax, Accounts Payable and various business owners on policies, processes and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Manage ongoing data requests from our music partners.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participating in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA or advanced accounting degree is a plus.
- 10-15 years relevant professional experience preferred, ideally at a Record Label, Collective Management Organization (PRO) or Music Publisher in a data focused role.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills required; role involves building strong relationships internally across the organization that cover the various aspects of the Peloton Businesses as well as externally facing.
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills.
- Understanding of Coupa and NetSuite a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to handle high volume of data with accurate execution. Data Science experience is a strong plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Previous experience of IFRS and/or SOX is an advantage.
- Experience working with engineering teams a plus.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, MongoDB, and custom reporting formats a plus.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.