Senior Director, Tax and Treasury at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are currently looking for a Senior Director, Tax and Treasury who will be responsible for the Company’s Domestic and International Tax Compliance. This new exciting role at Braze is a great opportunity for a tax professional who is looking to build our internal tax compliance function from the ground up. You will be responsible for managing our global tax compliance process, which includes proactively monitoring tax changes, recommending our tax strategy and providing reporting support for accounting and forecasting. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer and is located in our corporate headquarters in New York, NY.
- Establish and lead the company’s tax department, managing a team of individuals and fostering a positive work environment that aligns with company values
- Advise on legal entity / contracting structure
- Optimize contracting structure with consideration for existing and anticipated changes to international tax treaties
- Assess and proactively communicate implications of any revised contracting structure on resulting location of cash payments / cash accumulation and ability to move cash from one global jurisdiction to another
- Responsible for all domestic and international tax filings and compliance
- Responsible for determining the tax requirements for entry into new countries and assisting with the tax applicability set-up in our systems
- Respond to tax audits and tax authority inquiries, both domestic and international
- Ensure we are compliant with all SALT, including the preparation of NEXUS studies
- Partner with FP&A to prepare our tax forecast
- Own the preparation of all global tax accounting and reporting, including the calculation of our effective tax rate, net operating losses, current and deferred tax provisions, taxes payable and related disclosures in our annual audited financial statements
- Partner with accounting, treasury and other business teams
- Assist treasury with global cash management strategy
- Responsible for calculated our research and development tax credit
- Support new business initiatives by analyzing tax implications
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years of tax experience with a mix of Big 4 and in-house experience for an SEC registrant preferred
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- LLM in Taxation
- SaaS or related industry tax department – focus on international / multinational footprint a plus
- CPA preferred
- Strong tax compliance background and advanced tax technical and research skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel skill
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.