Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
This position requires a finance professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of FP&A processes tools and financial modeling that will enhance the FP&A and overall finance function.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the company revenue forecast
- Work cross functionally to understand the financial impact of new business initiatives
- Drive improvements in KPI reporting and tracking
- Develop business cases and analysis to inform and support business and financial decision
- Assist in coordinating the annual budget and quarterly forecasts working with stakeholders across the business
- Work to drive operational efficiency across the organization
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts
- Experience in investment banking, venture-backed high-growth company or a fast-paced Fortune 500 environment.
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning and analysis and operational budget management, preferably in a business partner facing role.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!