Senior Financial Analyst
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst with a focus on forecasting, planning and financial modeling who will help the company make decisions that will drive performance, directly leading to the accomplishment of our annual goals. Partnering across departments with sales, product, finance, operations, and engineering, the Sr. Analyst will analyze, project, and interpret financial results and metrics when compared against budgets and forecasts and provide data-driven insights that help define business strategy, product roadmap and go to market plan, and enable innovation across the organization.
- Produce and analyze monthly and quarterly reporting on Yext’s financial performance including revenue, expenses, compensation, headcount and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Build/manage models to project revenue and other financial metrics
- Partner with executive leadership to understand each department’s future growth in revenue and expenses
- Prepare analysis on key financial statement accounts, identify fluctuations and follow-up with appropriate financial contacts to obtain explanations of variances
- Summarize results of analysis for monthly presentation to senior and executive management. Participate in preparation of various analytical reports for distribution to executive management
- Assist with budget and forecast preparation and analysis
- Review and analyze monthly spending vs. budget
- Gain a deep understanding of business drivers and fundamentals to help solve complex business problems throughout the company
- Work cross functionally to define key metrics that will drive our business and help us measure our progress
- Assist in various finance led ad-hoc requests from the CFO and senior management
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- 3-5 years of related business experience
- MS Excel mastery required (with experience in building financial models, analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports)
- Ability to work independently and lead projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
- Superior critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Data visualization and demonstrated ability to use data to develop relevant insights and influence decision making
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical accounting / finance skills
- CPA certification preferred but not required
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.