Senior Financial Analyst at Casper
Casper is currently seeking a top-tier candidate to join its Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York. In this role you will work directly with the Vice President of Finance Planning & Analysis and support groups across the organization. You will drive process improvements, serve as a true strategic partner to the business, and help elevate the FP&A team to a higher level of operational excellence. You will support annual budgeting, monthly reporting, strategic projects and ad hoc analysis. The right candidate will have a meticulous nature and an attention to detail, coupled with an ability to assess the big picture and concisely tell Casper’s story through the numbers.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Partner with your departments to monthly financial reporting, variance analysis, and financial analysis to optimize ongoing processes and evaluate the viability of strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate the annual budget and reforecasts between finance and your business partners, facilitating cross functional collaboration to ensure the budget supports Casper’s strategic plan
- Support on reporting to leadership, the board and, delivering the relevant financial information, analysis and context in a clear and concise manner to frame and facilitate management discussions
- Support strategic projects including 5 year strategic planning, fundraising efforts, potential partnerships or M&A activity, and investor relations
- Create and maintain detailed forecasting models and reports using our financial modeling and reporting tool, Adaptive, in order to support short-term and long-term strategic planning
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree from a leading institution with exceptional academic record
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial role including investment banking, management consulting, accounting or financial planning & analysis
- Strong Excel skills, experience with financial modeling and a solid base in accounting and finance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities on a simultaneous basis
- Experience with JD Edwards and Adaptive a plus, but not required
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!