Senior FP&A Analyst
Unqork is an enterprise software company with a no-code application development platform that enables public agencies to digitize the management and delivery of public services across a broad spectrum of needs, including health and human services, infrastructure, operations, housing, and economic development. Whether its an application for benefits; complex, multi-stakeholder project management; permits; or public-safety licensing and inspections, Unqork enables end-to-end digitization and seamless integration with legacy IT systems.
Unqork’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology uses an elegant drag-and-drop interface; visual data integration tools; and Excel-based calculations to develop applications that can be deployed in a few weeks or months, instead of years. The result is a radical transformation in the way public services are managed and delivered that improves the citizen experience, increases efficiency, and dramatically lowers costs.
Some of the world’s largest insurance and financial companies already use Unqork to deploy entire products & applications without relying on costly development and maintenance of a code base. And we’re actively working with state and local governments across the country to bring Unqork to the public sector. Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals and has created an ‘elegant paradigm shift’ in the way enterprise companies and public agencies operate.
As good as our technology is, our team is what makes Unqork world-class. We seek dynamic, creative individuals who are excited to tackle massive problems at scale.
What You’ll Do
The responsibility of the FP&A professional at Unqork will be focused on forecasting a company's financials requires both an understanding of the company's historical performance as well as an understanding of the key assumptions and trends that may impact future performance. This requires a broad understanding of both accounting and business operations. As a result, FP&A teams are in frequent contact with all areas of the company including operations, sales and marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic planning
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Analysis of historical financials
- Variance explanations
- Inform managers of budget details
- Provide detailed data analysis and reports that track budget trends and forecast future needs.
- Updated forecast with risks and opportunities to current plan, rolling forecasts
- Cost accounting
- Evaluating financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Multi-dimensional reporting
- Monitor cost and revenue trends
- Make strategic planning and resource allocation recommendations
- Improve financial practices, Process Optimization
- Assist with auditing requirements
What we’re looking for:
- CPA Certification with 2+ years of previous experience in a Big 4 or mid-size Public Accounting Firm required
- 2+ years of experience in an FP&A role within a SaaS company
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. creating VBA and Macros, etc)
- Experience with Tableau and Adaptive Insights
- Experience with audit and account work
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Intellectually curious, self-starter who is not afraid to seek out projects independently
- Passionate about both technology and finance