Senior FP&A Associate at Betterment
Betterment’s FP&A team is responsible for improving strategic and financial decision-making across the company. We maintain the company’s operating model, partner across the organization to provide forward-looking analysis to support business decisions, and analyze capital allocation decisions. In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team and work directly with our Director of FP&A.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in an environment where they will wear multiple hats – financial model guru, internal consultant and business strategist. You see the big picture, but always sweat the small stuff. You plan and project for the future, but keep your cool when the conditions change. You’re driven by metrics, and value partnering with key organizations throughout the company. Business partners appreciate your data-driven insights to help make decisions and navigate challenges, and you're a trusted advisor with exceptional interpersonal skills. You’re eager to flex your skills at a dynamic growth stage company where no two days are the same.A Day in the Life:
- Work with the rest of the FP&A team to own the company’s long-term financial model and all budget and forecasting processes
- Build, maintain, and improve reports to measure and track results against expectations
- Collaborate with teams across Betterment in managing their budgets, including budget vs. actual analyses, headcount reporting, and special projects
- Understand and communicate financial results and trends to management, and recommend appropriate course of action when results vary from forecast
- Work cross functionally to ensure accurate reporting on all financial metrics and OKRs
- Define frameworks for how we evaluate investments and resource allocation decisions
- Develop financial models and analyses to support new strategic initiatives
- Assist in preparing materials for the Head of Finance, including board decks, investor materials, and other executive updates
- Industry experience with budgeting / planning, financial modeling, and decision analytics (e.g. FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity)
- Work experience within the technology industry and/or within a high-growth setting
- Passion for rolling up your sleeves, building complex models in Excel and other planning applications
- Knack for analyzing raw data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations
- A self-starter mentality with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong strategic and business decision-making abilities
- Ability to work across disciplines to generate new processes and/or resolve issues
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to instantly build rapport
- Experience with SQL, Looker, Tableau, or other data manipulation tools
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.