Senior Internal Auditor at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Internal Audit at Justworks is a newly established function at a venture-backed startup and there is significant potential for professional growth. As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be representing Internal Audit and actively partnering with business and risk stakeholders to assess and mitigate financial, operational and technology risks across the organization.What you'll do
This role presents a significant opportunity to: (i) execute major financial, operational, technology audits and special projects, (ii) offer solutions for complex business issues, (iii) interact with various levels of management, and (iv) be a strategic management advisor. Key projects will include a combination of audit and management advisory work along with SOX initiatives
- Plan and perform integrated financial/operational/technology audits, and special projects with the Audit Director
- Support audit planning, entity monitoring, Enterprise Risk Management in accordance with IIA standards
- Evaluate risks, perform control assessments, report results, and make recommendations to improve internal controls over business processes, systems and financial reporting
- Track audit reporting and issue resolution to ensure that agreed upon actions are completed adequately by the appropriate stakeholders within the specified timeframes
- Coordinate with the external auditors to support the delivery of SOC and financial audits
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives, including establishment of continuous monitoring models across key business and IT processes and performance metric reporting
- Interact with senior and line level management in matters relating to internal controls and enterprise risks
- Support the design and delivery of risk and control awareness training
- Coach and review the work of internal and external resources performing control assessments and testing
- Minimum of at least 3-5 years of experience in internal audit, public accounting, finance, consulting and information systems audit
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field required
- Experience with financial, operational, SOX, SOC audits and technology audits covering IT general controls
- Exposure to enterprise level and process risks, control procedures, frameworks (COSO/COBIT), methodologies, agile audit and other leading audit techniques
- Well-versed in project management and a demonstrated ability to flex between being an independent contributor and a collaborative team member based on project needs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, problem solving and conflict management
- CIA/CPA/CISA preferred
- Experience at HR, Tech, SAAS companies would be useful
- Experience with process design, process improvement and/or Six Sigma techniques would be useful
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment