Senior JDE Analyst, Finance at Casper
Casper is currently searching for a Senior JDE Analyst, Finance to join our Business Systems team in New York City, NY. The ideal candidate will leverage their expertise to address the business’s Finance needs utilizing JD Edwards. Working closely within a cross-functional team, you will identify and articulate functional business requirements and guide solution development as well as support the overall design and configuration of JD Edwards. Functionalities that are enabled in JDE Finance include: General Ledger, Account Payables, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Job costing, AAIs and Advanced cost analyzer etc.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work closely with business users on how best to use the system to perform daily functions and identify project requirements through interviews, workshops, operations analysis, and knowledge of best practice
- Work with stakeholders to collect requirements based on risk, benefit, and scope
- Perform hands-on configuration of the JD Edwards Finance area, develop functional specifications, and support existing functionality
- Act as the bridge between the business team and the development team to ensure functional requirements are understood and ensure development requirements integrated
- Bring valuable ERP experience in steering business discussions to drive process changes required
- Bring understanding of compliance needs in defining user access and controls for segregation of duties
- Oversee all test areas to ensure the solution is delivered from a quality perspective and meets the original functional requirements; develop test scripts and work with end users on UAT and help create user guides/documentation
- Manage small projects utilizing Project Management Standards
- Work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Inspire others through exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- 8+ years of experience coordinating and managing projects across multiple disciplines across JDE Finance modules, distribution with sub-systems, and working with cross functional teams
- Strong functional knowledge and experience with JDE 9.2 applications, translating business process requirements to detailed application requirements, defining solution design
- Strong knowledge of JDE best practice
- Experience leveraging latest integration tools like AIS, BSSV & Orchestrator is a plus
- Good understanding of overall end-to-end financial and operational processes with understanding of financial requirements and controls
- Solid analytical skills with aptitude to translate business requirements to technical solutions
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and support commitments
- SQL knowledge for data analysis and other Report Writing tools, a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and flow chart tools
- Detail-oriented and “get things done” mentality with developed communication skills
- Adaptability and enthusiasm are key ingredients to have
- Past experience in a startup environment, home goods or related retail consumer industry is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and in connecting with others in collaborative teams to meet common business initiatives
- Experience in developing and tracking KPIs
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!