Senior Manager, Accounting at TrialSpark
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $100M+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster. We’re reimagining the clinical trial by introducing a new model and using technology to streamline every aspect of the trial. To fulfill our mission, we partner with incubators, innovative digital health companies, data companies, and pharma/biotech to create an innovative model to run studies faster and more efficiently.Job Description
As our Senior Manager, Accounting, you will assist in managing the team responsible for creating and executing our financial reporting processes and report directly to the Financial Controller. As a key member of our finance team, you have a passion for continuous business development and building structure in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the monthly close and develop policies and procedures to help scale the finance team
- Provide insights to the Financial Controller and other key stakeholders on key financial fluctuations
- Develop internal management reporting such as monthly leadership presentations, board decks, and department budgets
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with GAAP and other key reporting schedules
- Ensure accuracy of department budgets, forecasts, and other key management reporting documents
- Perform technical accounting research as needed and draft accounting research memos
- Be the main liaison with our external audit firm and drive the preparation for the annual audit
- Collaborate with other departments (product, engineering, operations) to improve and scale financial processes
- Manage financial system implementations, integrations, and improvements
- Support ad hoc financial requests
- BA/BS in Accounting or relevant field
- You have 6+ years of relevant experience, including experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and at a fast-growing startup
- You are a CPA
- Experience with NetSuite or a similar financial reporting platform
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.