Senior Manager, Accounts Payable at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a hands-on Senior Manager, Accounts Payable to lead a growing team, as we look to prepare the company for public readiness. This position ensures the accuracy and completeness of the Accounts Payable sub-ledger and general ledger. This individual must possess the drive for innovation and the ability to build lasting relationship with key stakeholders. This position requires a person who performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized, demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals, and ensure that all invoices and employee business expenses are paid timely. Additionally, the candidate will innovate to drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems and business processes. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee the global accounts payable and employee business expense reimbursement processes
- Direct and supervise the global accounts payable day-to-day processes, ensuring invoices and expense reports are processed timely and accurately and in accordance with company policy
- Supervise, manage, and motivate the AP team members and their daily work with a continued focus on automation
- Verify payment vouchers for proper approval and review of invoices for completeness
- Evaluate processes and procedures to gain efficiencies and cost savings by driving continuous improvement of the accounts payable team.
- Develop supplier/vendor relationships to quickly resolve payment issues, create, and execute a payment strategy, and ensure vendor/supplier alignment with the direction of the company.
- Work closely with the procurement team to assist in compliance with PO policies and improve the downstream impact to invoicing
- Maintaining proper internal controls and enforcement of Company’s policies and procedures
- Oversee the monthly financial close process, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Ensure timely receipt of W-9s and submission of 1099s to appropriate vendors and to the IRS
- Assist in government agency audits and tax filing, as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of Accounts Payable experience, (or equivalent), including 3 + or more years in a manager capacity
- Highly organized and results-oriented and works with a sense of urgency
- General accounting experience and high proficiency using Microsoft Office is required
- Strong written and communication skills for interaction within the finance team, external accountants, vendors, and upper management
- Ability to be flexible and meet strict deadlines
- A general understanding of Sarbanes Oxley is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance is a plus
- Experience using Coupa, Expensify, and NetSuite is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.