Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As the Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable / Payable, you will oversee the entirety of Transfix’s credit, accounts receivable, and accounts payable (carrier) activities. You will ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including invoicing, collections, claim resolution and cash application. You should have a solid understanding of revenue accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You will lead a 5+ person AR/AP team, manage customer and carrier payment relationships to ensure prompt payment, implement best-in-class policies and controls, and ultimately optimize Transfix’s cash flow. This role is a key liaison across the organization to ensure that each dollar revenue converts timely to a dollar cash. The role will report to the Director, Controller.
We are always looking for innovative approaches to improve core working capital and challenge you to think outside the box to achieve this. Join us in defining the new standard for transportation brokerage.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Manage an AR team of five and an outsourcing team, and set their KPIs including cash goals, collection targets and other relevant metrics
- Ensure proper controls and processes are in place for accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing and revenue / COGS recognition
- Provide accurate AR weekly and monthly reporting to the controller and the senior leadership team
- Perform month-end close processes including bank and Looker/NetSuite reconciliations and bad debt analysis
- Assist the Controller with special projects including system implementations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Sales organizations, Account Management, Legal, etc. to resolve any issues that may arise
- Work directly with Engineering and Product teams to refine and improve our accounts receivable / payable process including providing scope, requirements design, and impact assessment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- A strategic and analytically minded individual who enjoys getting into data
- Bringing a proven track record of improving core working capital and/or balance sheet management
- A strong leader who is able to build and lead your team with excellent guidance, direction and accountability
- A “systems” thinker who biases towards automation and efficiency wherever possible
- Comfortable with change and trial and error -- we are a start up and constantly reinventing and redefining what our best practices are
- Resourceful and flexible -- we are disrupting an industry and constantly evolving
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, hard-working, changing, technology-focused, and evolving work environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years in accounts receivable including credit and B2B collections
- 2-3 years in a people management role
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Netsuite, Bill.com and Looker are preferred
- Experience using collection management tools and utilizing credit check tools such as Dunn and Bradstreet related to business customers
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.