WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are expanding our team and seek a hands-on Sr. Manager, External Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy, as we look to prepare the company for public readiness. This new role will own external financial reporting and manage the preparation of financial statements. Eventually you will be responsible for the statutory filings and related regulatory filings including but not limited to the 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, annual report, and earnings release presentations. This position will also be responsible for supporting the quarterly reviews and annual audit, as well as, researching, interpreting, and implementing new accounting standards. Additionally, this individual will innovate and drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems and business processes. You will report to the Sr. Director of Finance and Assistant Controller and have exposure to our Investor Relations and Senior Management team. In this role, you will be expected to be a key contributor as we prepare the Company for public readiness.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including reports filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q, 10-K, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments.
- Review financial information included in the company’s external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls and releases.
- Own the completion of the quarterly and annual GAAP disclosure checklists.
- Assist with the preparation of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share and other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations and journal entries for month-end close.
- Prepare supporting documentation related to SEC filings and engage with auditors to achieve an efficient audit or review of the filings.
- Read and interpret accounting guidance and write memos on technical accounting topics to support conclusions reached.
- Assess the financial statement and disclosure impact of complex transactions.
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to identify any changes in accounting policies, as needed.
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies.
- Lead all aspects of the external filings, including XBRL tagging and review.
- Take initiative for process improvements to optimize the external reporting process.
- Prepare and/or assist with quarterly and annual internal Board of Directors and Audit Committee packages.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of experience at a “Big 4” public accounting firm or industry equivalent, including significant SEC experience with companies with global operations.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and experience researching technical accounting topics
- Certified Public Accountant is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- SaaS or Technology industry experience
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- General understanding of NetSuite, Workday or other comparable ERP systems is preferred
- Experience with Workiva is preferred
- Experience filing Form S-1 is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office (when we return to the office!), including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.