Senior Manager, FP&A
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
This position requires a finance professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of FP&A processes tools and financial modeling that will enhance the FP&A and overall finance function. This position reports to the Director, FP&A.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own the P&L and ensure overall company financial targets are met through ongoing identification of growth opportunities and P&L management.
- Lead, prepare and coordinate the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long-range strategic planning processes partnering with all functional areas across the business
- Develop operational models for each functional area of the business to enable driver-based growth discussions and enhance resource allocation discussions
- Own and drive improvements to the FP&A reporting and planning tools
- Partner closely with the Accounting and Data & Analytics teams to enhance management reporting and tracking of key operational and financial metrics
- Drive high profile financial and business planning projects to enable scalable growth working closely with leaders to drive operational efficiency across the organization
- Manage and develop a team of FP&A analysts to achieve team objectives and enable company financial and business goals.
What We'll Expect from You:
- Experience managing an FP&A team in fast-growing technology business or fast-paced Fortune 500 environment
- Experience mentoring, developing and managing a team of FP&A professionals
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts
- Understand the economics of a capex intensive business and key levers for efficiency
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning and analysis and operational budget management
- Track record of delivering company financial goals for revenue growth and profitability
- Experience in driving process improvements and efficiencies in key levers across the business
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Bachelor’s degree required
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!