Senior Manager, FP&A at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is growing rapidly and looking for a Senior Manager, FP&A to report to our Director, FP&A to further the development of the financial planning processes which includes budgeting and forecasting, and ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and integrity of financial projections and analysis of variance. This position will help design and drive financial planning processes; quarterly and annual budgets, rolling forecasts, and long-term planning. This role is also responsible for delivering analytics and business support to enable informed decision making by executive staff, as well as presentation materials to be shared with senior leaders and external audiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support Better’s long-range, quarterly, annual and monthly forecasting process, including the development of corporate targets and analysis of variances
- Develop financial models and analysis, often from scratch, that are used in our consolidated FP&A effort
- Master and continuously update, analyze and improve Betrter’s operating model driving Better’s forecasts
- Build out dashboards, scalable processes and reports to monitor business results and KPIs
- Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drivers of change within the financial results and present findings across the firm
- Assist in the creation and review of presentations and financial analyses presented to senior management, board of directors and investors; participate in meetings and calls with these audiences
- Participate in cross-functional teams to evaluate strategic initiatives and associated financial impacts and help to incorporate into financial plans
- Create and enhance documentation of all FP&A processes and ensure the FP&A team has the appropriate tools and technology in place to support its mission
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses and strategic projects determined by the needs of executive team
- Engage with and build communication across teams
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in FP&A and/or corporate finance or investment banking
- You have a high proficiency in financial analysis methods and concepts and strong ability to prepare forecasts and perform variance and other analyses
- You have strong financial modeling and presentation deck development skills
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- You are leadership minded, highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- You are able to think creatively on a macro and micro level
- You are humble, highly driven and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of SQL and accounting software systems is a plus
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.