Senior Manager, Internal Audit at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Internal Audit team. This candidate will be responsible for supporting the internal audit department and raising awareness of the company’s global control environment. Being a trusted business partner to all business constituents and aligning with the organization are key objectives. The Senior Manager Internal Auditor will participate in the planning and execution of the Financial, IT, and operational audit program. This position is responsible for identifying operational effectiveness and efficiency and being a steward of financial integrity and controls, while serving and supporting the business. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Participate in Internal Audit's dynamic risk assessment and planning process; develop a risk-based internal audit plan that addresses operational, compliance and financial risks, while considering emerging risks and changes to the business
- Participate in the development of new internal audit processes and ongoing process improvements
- Participate in the scoping, risk assessment and planning of internal audit activity quarterly control planning and testing, co-ordination with testers/reviewers and documentation of financial processes
- Responsibility for working with finance leaders to enhance and maintain a strong internal control environment
- Testing remediation of Internal Control weaknesses observed by Internal Audit
- Collaborate with the business to drive actions that are pragmatic and achievable
- Provide meaningful insights about the work that you are responsible for that consistently demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for our business
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business
- Provide creative input that will drive greater efficiency and value to the audit process
- Identify opportunities to leverage IT solutions to create efficiencies in financial processes and strengthen Internal controls
- Partnering with colleagues around the world to take on special projects focusing on, but not exclusive to compliance initiatives (e.g. providing consultation and financial support, business integrations, M&A activity, financial systems implementation, deal analysis, re-organizations)
- Participate in the development of presentation of audit reports and recommendations to the Audit Committee
- Perform other related special studies and projects as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA/CISA/CIA certification preferred
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Previous participation in existing internal audit programs for a public company
- Data analytics experience preferred
- Some degree of experience in Cyber risk assessments, and Business Continuity Program Audits
- Project management skills – effective consultation, interpersonal, prioritization of topics/issues and organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- An objective, independent, mature, unbiased individual with the highest integrity
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.