Senior Manager, Payments and Expense Accounting at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.About the Job:
We are looking for a motivated accounting/accounts payable professional with the proven ability to pioneer change and motivate cross-functional teams. This position will be responsible for ensuring appropriate accounting of all AP expenditures, as well as scaling corporate and purchasing card programs and company-wide T&E expense management. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, goal oriented, results driven, and highly organized. This person will also possess excellent communications skills, coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Review and sign off on large daily invoice posting batches from the accounts payable team to ensure appropriate general ledger coding and use tax treatment
- Review daily payment runs for proper authorizations and banking instructions
- Work very closely with the AP Manager to help in adding efficiencies and scaling daily processes
- Partner on all initiatives involving automation and ERP enhancements around accounts payable function, specifically as they relate to general ledger coding and classifications
- Partner with the Tax Director to ensure compliance with use tax rules in various states, as applicable
- Partner with FP&A team to aid in preparation of working capital projections
- Take ownership and provide direct leadership over the areas of T&E expense management, corporate and purchasing card programs and administration, including policies, limit reviews and ongoing monitoring
- Act as a subject matter expert on corporate expense management best practices
- Liaise with the expense management software company (Concur) to continuously enhance the system and scale internal processes
- Partner with the department heads to review and monitor their respective T&E spend
- Provide audit support throughout the year, as required
- Support with various related ad hoc requests and cross-functional projects, as the business scales and as needed
- You have a Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- You have a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience overseeing the areas of AP Accounting, AP and expense management preferably in a scaling, high growth environment
- You have experience from retail/e-commerce/consumer industries would be a strong preference
- You have a proven record and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding, and evolving environment
- You’re a doer, whom is able and willing to roll up the sleeves and get into details
- You love to multi-task and recognize how critical is to prioritize
- You are able to communicate effectively with various levels in the organization and with external parties
- You develop connections and relationships with outside vendors and internal partners
- You have a strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude are a must
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.