Senior Manager, Payroll Tax at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.The Job
As Justworks’ Senior Manager, Payroll Tax you will be a leading expert on all aspects of payroll tax for our CPEO. You must possess a strong ability to see ideas for improvement instituted in near real-time. You are collaborative, as this role requires you to be working across departments including but not limited to (Compliance, Customer Success, Engineering, and Product). You are able to manage high pressure situations with ease and a great demeanor. You are passionate about developing a team of experts, while utilizing your own expertise to ensure Justworks adheres to best practices for timely and accurate payroll tax remittance.
What you'll do
- Lead a high-performing, efficient, and dedicated Payroll Tax team that manages daily payroll tax processing, accurate tax withholding and remittance, and provides internal payroll tax guidance to multiple departments
- Ensure accurate quarter and year end processing included but not limited to federal, state and local tax reconciliations, W-2 and 1099 issuance
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and development to the existing team of payroll tax analysts and coordinators
- Handle escalated issues, tax notices or tax audits for federal, state and local taxes
- Establish best practice for tax administration
- Research and communicate information about current and proposed payroll tax legislation and company procedures to ensure compliance and customer understanding
- Support internal control compliance initiatives, testing and remediation; ensure that payroll tax processes and procedures are updated
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of payroll tax experience, Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- 2+ years experience as a direct manager
- Multi-state large employer or PEO payroll tax filing experience
- Working knowledge of payroll tax regulations and payroll tax systems
- Expertise in electronic filing of federal, state and local payroll tax returns
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, in a high paced and fluid environment
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds, and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.