Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About this role:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to lead our Revenue Accounting teams during a period of dynamic growth and process transformation. As the Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting you will be responsible for managing global revenue recognition accounting including compliance with US GAAP and SOX requirements. In addition, you will oversee receivables collections processes globally. You must have a strong working knowledge of ASC 606 reporting guidelines and requirements. This position has 3-4 direct reports and leads a wider of team of 15+ people.
- Oversee revenue recognition accounting teams for each revenue stream across Angi
- Perform monthly review of revenue accounting to ensure completely and accurately reported, including approval of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Work with product team to understand changes in existing offerings as well as new offerings to assess potential revenue recognition impact
- Oversee receivables collection efforts globally including assessment of credit loss reserves
- Create and maintain all corporate revenue and receivable policies
- Manage the maintenance of controls documentation and flowcharts for the revenue and receivables cycle
- Provide training and guidance to teams across the business on revenue and receivables accounting and compliance
- Support internal and external audit programs by engaging with auditors on questions related to revenue and receivables and by providing requested information timely
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related; advanced degree a plus
- 7-10+ years revenue accounting experience - public accounting experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition requirements
- Must be proactive in identifying process improvements and take initiative to diagnosis and remediate potential issues
- Must work well in a team setting and be able to foster inter-departmental cooperation in compliance efforts
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects/assignments
- Must be articulate and confident in communication of ideas, issues, and resolutions to a broad audience (sr. leaders, internal/external auditors, etc.)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters
- Online subscription model business experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $100,000-$135,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world