Senior Manager, Strategic Finance at Flatiron Health
At Flatiron Health, the Strategic Finance team is responsible for forecasting, reporting, evaluating and explaining the company’s financial performance and for partnering with business leaders to help inform and guide key operational and strategic decisions. From the fundamentals of annual financial planning, monthly rolling forecasts and detailed operational review sessions, to commercial finance decision support and long-term strategic planning, the overarching goal of the team is to improve the transparency and understanding of the underlying economics and financial health of our business and to enable more effective business performance management.What You'll Do
- Effectively and efficiently manage the annual operating plan and monthly rolling forecast processes for your area(s) of responsibility, actively engaging and managing stakeholders through those processes.
- Proactively work to improve our team wide forecasting and reporting processes, effectively balancing the trade-off of accuracy, materiality and effort for both the team and other stakeholders.
- Partner with the business to identify, assess, define and codify the financial and operating metrics that effectively explain business performance and proactively identify and communicate business trends, anomalies and potential inefficiencies that appear in these metrics.
- Develop standard and ad hoc financial models and analysis in support of key business questions and decision-making processes, including product pricing, deal structuring, new product development, and ad hoc business development activities.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with business partners and leverage the combination of business knowledge and data-based analysis to influence decision-making.
- Understand and be able to expertly communicate the businesses vision, strategic and operational priorities, business model and high-level economics.
Who You Are
You’re motivated by the desire to continuously learn and grow and are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, aspires to be the best at their job and values the chance to make an important impact. More specifically, you have/are:
- 6+ years of progressive commercial finance experience, including 3+ years of hands-on financial forecasting and analysis experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with an analytical bias
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collect, manage, analyze and extract key insights from quantitative data
- Demonstrated ability to influence business decisions through logical reasoning and the effective presentation of recommendations and alternatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across functions and levels of management
- Solid understanding of key accounting concepts and standards
- Proven ability to quickly learn and become an expert in new software tools
- Expert in Excel, experience building complex formulas and manipulating large data sets
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- Experience in healthcare and / or technology
- Experience with financial planning systems
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce and/or Adaptive Insights
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.