Senior Manager, Tax
Outbrain is looking for a Senior Manager, Tax to manage the preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns and estimated payments. This role will also focus on international income tax compliance, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax planning.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and documentation of all applicable tax accounting procedures, including tax provision calculation. Assure that methods and procedures developed will limit the Company's exposure in the event of an audit.
- Responsible for managing the preparation, review and timely filing of the consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns. Responsible for the preparation of more complex tax returns and tax technical supporting schedules.
- Lead, together with external consultants, the post-merger integration of recent acquisition of Ligatus
- Oversee transfer pricing policies/compliance and monitor legal entity profit levels
- Manage external communications and relationships with tax advisors, external auditors, federal, state, local and other tax policy decision makers and enforcement officials
- Lead continuous process improvements and integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, and quality.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate periodic tax deposits. Assures payments amounts are sufficient to avoid penalties and comply with all filing deadlines and adequately consider the financial position and operations of the Company.
- Ensure compliance with key internal controls of the tax function in support of the Company’s financial reporting process, the proper functionality of which play an important role in determining whether the Company’s overall internal controls are functioning effectively.
- Identify critical tax risks and issues, understand business, regulatory, and financial imperatives, and creatively develop and implement appropriate tax strategies aligned with Company’s objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of broad-based tax compliance/accounting experience, including public accounting experience and corporate tax experience
- Experience with Federal taxation, including consolidations and Form 1120
- Experience with transfer pricing policies and “outbound” international tax for US multinationals
- Proactive with experience streamlining and improving processes
- Ability to communicate technical issues and translate to the broader team in a clear and understandable fashion
- Clear and concise communication
- Ability to manage staff development and department's workflow
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work, hands-on, and to see projects/discussions from fruition to end
- Ability to work cross-functionally
Outbrain is the brains—and technology—behind those recommendations that can be seen throughout online articles, helping people digitally discover the content most interesting to them. Headquartered in New York City, with a global presence across 16 offices, Outbrain was founded to narrate the web. Top publishers—including CNN, Condé Nast, and Time—utilize Outbrain's technology to redefine their digital landscapes, while top marketers utilize the platform to interact with untapped audiences. Outbrain currently serves more than 308 billion monthly recommendations to readers, and is paving the way in native advertising innovations.
The brainy culture that ignites the halls of Outbrain has even been industry-recognized and awarded ‘Best Tech Work Culture’ in 2018 by Tech In Motion.
Interested in discovering what’s next for your career at Outbrain?