Noom is looking for an exceptional Senior Payroll Specialist to join our People Ops Department to work directly with the Payroll & Benefits Manager in support of the payroll team and create a positive employee experience across all Noom entities. The Payroll team ensures payroll is processed in a timely manner, maintains compliance with tax laws, and balances and reconciles payroll data and depositing and reporting taxes, and provides payroll support to our ever growing population of 3600+ employees across 39 states. This exciting role will work collaboratively with other key members of the People, Accounting & Finance teams.
What You’ll be doing….
- Payroll is executed on time and is correct
- Reimbursements paid out on time (within 30 days)
- Preparing and resolving all reimbursements and taxable wages issues
- Undertake day-to-day payroll activity to ensure practical knowledge and smooth running of Biweekly and Semimonthly payrolls
- Ensure accurate entry of employee salaries, reported hours, bonuses, severance pay, deductions and withholding for 401(k), garnishment requests.
- Ensure that all timesheets are approved prior to payroll run
- Executing LOAs from start to finish.
Payroll Tax and Compliance
- Ensure all payroll related tax filings are completed timely and accurately, including the
- Work with tax agencies and payroll service providers to resolve tax issues
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, relevant industry regulations, tax, and deduction laws.
- Creating of new accounts with various federal, state, and local agencies as required
- Work with team members to prepare year-end filings (W-2)
- Close out month-end close process with Accounting/Finance team during the month-end close process (Before end of month)
- Prepare journal entries to be uploaded to the Accounting General Ledger, reviewing and reconciling monthly and quarterly reporting to ensure accuracy of payroll and identify corrections as needed.
Employee Population Support
- Correctly responding to employee inquiries with current Company policy and potential changes
What We’re Looking For...
- 2+ years of experience people operations, payroll, or accounting/finance
- Knowledge of Payroll practice, laws, and regulations across multiple states. International experience is a plus.
- Experience working with individuals across various departments
- Proven experience with HRIS/Workday and Payroll systems
- Strong HR project management experience, with an attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly-changing environment by prioritizing situations which require a sense of urgency.
- Strong data and excel skills
What Makes This Job Amazing...
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.