Senior Pricing Analyst (Pharmaceuticals)
Blink Health is a well-funded, healthcare technology company on a mission to change the way Americans access the vital medications they need. We are at the cusp of scaling a product-market fit for a highly complex vertical that will change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need. Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone - whether they have insurance or not - the lowest prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators dedicated to inventing new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation - join us!
- Sr. Pricing Analysts at Blink are analytical, problem solvers with technical skills to collect and analyze data to create information to make pricing decisions.. Your job as a Sr. Pricing Analyst will be to take responsibility for supporting various Blink Health pricing and analytic needs.
- The primary responsibility for this position will be to assist in the development of pricing including pharmacy reimbursement (MAC lists) and consumer pricing to drive company financial performance.
- In addition, this role will have responsibility for the design, development, and implementation of modeling and reporting tools, metric creation and performance tracking as well as various Ad Hoc analytic efforts. The ability to balance the delivery of accurate and timely pricing data coupled with insightful, high-quality analytics is critical for success in this position.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of “Good Giving” in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication and enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Here’s how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
- Own high-quality pricing and analytics that help drive business decisions and impact company financial performance
- Develops, evaluates and implements pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
- Conducts research and performs competitive pricing analysis. Monitors ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact company reputation or customer satisfaction.
- Partners with Product, Finance, and Strategy to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Good Operator - Create Infrastructure and Produce Devlievables
- Create and maintain pricing lists (pharmacy MAC and consumer) as needed to meet financial and business objectives
- Research and respond to MAC appeals
- Leverage technical abilities, problem-solving skills, analytic insights, and experience to create data analyses and reports with results presented in insightful, visually-intuitive formats.
- Transform raw data into pricing lists and actionable information through data modeling leveraging MS Access, SQL, Excel, and other similar analytical tools.
- Creates/administers pricing databases and coordinates implementation of pricing proposals across the organization.
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
- Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate the activities of others.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Total of 5+ years of experience with 3+ years in Health Care or other relevant analytics or data analysis experience preferred
- 1+ years pharmacy pricing (MAC pricing) experience; In-depth understanding of prescription drug pricing components and standards
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree Preferred)
Skills and Traits:
- Strong desire to take ownership and have a bias to action. Excellent problem solving and analytical Skills. Customer focused, Collaborative, and ability to work cross-functionally. Naturally curious.
- Ability to distill complex topics into understandable information and communicate findings
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to understand and appropriately respond to market events
- Ability to work independently with some guidance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience developing complex Excel formulas and models
- Strong Data Management (SQL, Access or similar data management tools) skills
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. It's our ambition that everyone at Blink is doing the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.