The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work directly with clients to understand business needs to make proactive channel or strategy recommendations.
- Combine data analysis and client feedback to develop consultative optimization strategies and provide solutions for client campaigns.
- Troubleshoot complex platform, campaign, and Ad-Ops issues.
- Solve advanced technical problems (API solutions, complex discrepancies, and frequency analysis)
- Identify and successfully use data to promote new strategies that will align with client goals.
- Work with Product Management to help define features and drive enhancements to The Trade Desk platform.
- Become an expert on The Trade Desk platform as well as best practices for campaign management.
- Partner with Account Management and Sales Executives to provide support to clients, including onboarding and optimization trainings.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3+ years of programmatic marketing and hands-on DSP experience.
- Client management and relationship building experience.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines – self starter
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to draw insights from extremely large datasets
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, intense, and high growth environment
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.