Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting in the order to cash cycle, revenue recognition standards, and adherence to policies and procedures. In addition, this role will be responsible for supporting monthly revenue close, invoicing, collections and Deal Desk operations.
- Perform the month-end close and quarter- end close tasks associated with revenue including the preparation of revenue recognition procedures in the Sage/Intacct, revenue flux review, monthly account reconciliations (such as accounts receivables, contract assets, contract liabilities, etc.) and revenue related analysis.
- Manage accounts receivable including the billing process and collections processes as they pertain to finance at a SaaS organization. Maintain customer billing schedule and prepare customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner. Oversee the collections process by analyzing all outstanding Accounts Receivable, tracking cash collections performance and related metrics
- Review customer contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606.
- Work closely with the Sales Operations team on all customer contract matters. Provide guidance to the team to ensure customer contracts are recorded accurately
- Validate contract information entered in Salesforce against the client executed contract to maintain data integrity and accuracy in CRM.
- Verify contract information in Intacct to ensure billing and revenue recognition schedules agree with contract and comply with revenue recognition policies (i.e. ASC 606).
- Support Revenue Manager with analysis and intelligence on our customer contracts and the associated revenue recognition.
- Ensure US GAAP accounting/financial standards are maintained
- Continuously enhance, develop and implement best practices in revenue process and procedures that can scale effectively as we grow
- Work closely with the external audit team regarding annual audit requirements
- Create and develop internal controls, accounting policy, financial procedures, and operational processes related to revenue
- Participate in ad‐hoc projects as required
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4+ years of public or private accounting experience including 2 years of experience in a revenue-focused role at a SaaS organization
- Experience and deep understanding in ASC 606 with the ability to accurately recognize revenue in accordance with US GAAP
- Strong knowledge and application of ASC 606 revenue recognition standard, US GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite required
- Previous experience in a fast growing SaaS startup
- CPA or working towards completing a CPA
- Experience with Sage/Intacct and Salesforce
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.