Senior Revenue Accountant at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
This position requires a CPA capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. This position will be directly responsible for revenue recognition and will work closely with the Sales, Data Analytics, and Engineering Teams. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving, as well as possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will strengthen our revenue process to scale with the Company’s long term goals. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Accounting.What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure monthly close deliverables related to Revenue Recognition are completed accurately and timely, including reconciling, reviewing, and preparing journal entries for various accounts including: accounts receivable, revenue, deferred revenue, bad debt reserve, etc.
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Implement improvements to the existing revenue recognition process in order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements and improve efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Billing Engineering and Data & Analytics teams to improve analytical insights and maintain proper controls for the billings and revenue recognition process.
- Participate in NetSuite ERP implementation as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls.
- Assist with external audit.
- Assisting with ad-hoc analyses.
- Ownership of billing and collections for our managed services segment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with experience preferably with public/private mix
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership, show initiative and provide structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy, strong work ethic and ownership of tasks required
- Experience with billing systems, Salesforce, and NetSuite highly preferred
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!