Senior Staff Accountant, Global Compensation
Working alongside the Controller, the Senior Staff Accountant, Global Compensation will support our growing base of nearly 200 multi-state and international employees. S/he will own Payroll, Benefits and Equity processing, calculations and related accounting, reporting and auditing needs. This role will also initiate and lead process improvements. They will work both independently and collaborate with others, taking initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment with great accuracy.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as final review of semi-monthly/bi-weekly payrolls
- Create all journal entries and maintain monthly and quarterly reconciliations
- Review, approve and ensure proper coding of all payroll, benefit and related invoices
- Track equity-based compensation and related activity
- Liaise with international payroll providers to obtain and enter data in a timely manner
- Identify and lead improvements for scalable processes with strong controls to achieve zero preventable processing errors
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of state withholding/rates and unemployment tax registrations
Who You Are:
You have a passion for leveraging systems and driving process improvements and thrive when juggling multiple priorities. You enjoy developing strategic relationships and working cross-functionally. You also have the following:
- At least 2 years of proven success in general accounting and/or payroll
- An undergraduate degree
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.)
- Experience and comfort with technology, databases & software, including Outlook, Excel, ADP (or equivalent)
We are willing to invest in training for candidates lacking payroll/benefits experience, provided (s)he demonstrates an eagerness to learn, strong problem-solving and analytical skills and a commitment to continuous improvement in prior roles.
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.