Senior Staff Accountant, Global Compensation at Knotel
Knotel is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant, Global Compensation to support our growing base of 200+ multi-state and international employees. This role will manage a part-time remote consultant and will initially report to the Controller and will work closely with colleagues in Human Resources. S/he will own Payroll, Benefits and Equity processing, calculations and related accounting, reporting and auditing needs. This role will also initiate and lead process improvements. You should be able to work independently and collaborate with others, taking initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment with great accuracy.
What you’ll do
Payroll and Benefits:
- Serve as final review of semi-monthly/bi-weekly payrolls, ensure earnings & deductions are accurate & compliant
- Provide support for employee inquiries
- Create all journal entries and maintain monthly and quarterly 941 reconciliations
- Review, approve and ensure proper coding of all payroll, benefit and related invoices
- Track equity-based compensation and related activity
- Liaise with international payroll providers to obtain and enter data in a timely manner
- Identify and lead improvements for scalable processes with strong controls to achieve zero preventable processing errors
- Responsible for data consistency across systems (HRIS, ERP, Payroll, T&E, etc)
Taxes, Compliance, Reporting and Other:
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of state withholding/rates and unemployment tax registrations
- Develop expertise in custom reporting functions in 3rd party systems
- Provide internal and external audit requests
- Assist with variance analytics and support budget/forecasting
Who you are
You have a passion for leveraging systems and driving process improvements. You enjoy the challenge of adhering to scalable processes with strong controls. You juggle multiple priorities well and can produce desired outcomes with a sense of urgency. You’re an effective team player that develops strong relationships but also comfortable working autonomously. You also have the following:
- 5+ years of proven success in general accounting and/or payroll in a fast growth, scaling environment.
- Comfortable with technology, databases & software, including Outlook, Excel, ADP (or equivalent)
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.)
- Ability to safeguard and maintain confidential information.
For candidates lacking payroll/benefits experience, we are willing to invest in training, provided (s)he demonstrates an eagerness to learn, strong problem-solving and analytical skills and a commitment to continuous improvement in prior roles.
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.