Mulberry is disrupting a $50B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless API-based platform from which to offer product insurance to their customers. We call NYC home and are founded by a team of executives who are passionate about building ecommerce products that take a customer-first approach. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
As Mulberry’s Senior Strategic Finance Associate, you’ll play an instrumental role in helping us become the defacto source for assurance on online purchases through strategic thinking, resourcefulness, creativity and commitment to execution. You will understand the financial and operational drivers of our business at a granular level providing critical support spanning all areas of the business by taking on a wide range of strategic financial and analytical projects. You will have lots of opportunities to grow quickly within our growing company, demonstrating your past experience and building out valuable new skill-sets.
You believe in the transformative power of technology and are excited by its potential to build trust and a top notch customer experience in the insurance industry. You embrace responsibility: the buck stops with you. You have strong financial modeling skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to solve complex problems. You love to learn new things, build things from scratch and make processes more efficient. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You are an extraordinary listener, communicator and teammate, and, most importantly, take pride in your craft.
About the role:
Working within the finance team, you will work on the financial and operational analytics efforts that guide better decision making across our fast growing business. One of the most important aspects of this role is ownership of Mulberry’s core operating model, which is used to guide our annual plan, performance management and strategic decision making. You will play an impactful role in helping guide company-wide decisions by deeply understanding and modeling the quantitative and qualitative aspects of various company initiatives.
More specifically, you will work on:
- Building and updating budgets and forecasts in a detailed 3-statement financial model
- Owning Mulberry’s company-wide financial metrics, performing variance analysis for reporting to management and investors
- Initiation, ownership and execution of cross-functional business critical projects
- Ad-hoc strategic finance projects such as new office space or new payroll service provider analysis
- Strategic pricing and optimization with Sales, BD and Partner Success
- Supporting corporate development and future capital raise efforts
What We’re Seeking:
- 3+ years of FP&A or strategic finance experience, with a minimum of 2 years in investment banking, strategy consulting, VC or PE firm
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial concepts
- High level of proficiency in Excel modeling with hands-on experience building detailed forecasts
- Consistent track record of owning impactful business projects from ideation to completion
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to collect, manipulate, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information to a wide range of audiences
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, with a track record of delivering on time-sensitive projects for senior stakeholders
- Creative thinker with ability to work independently, multi-task and manage time effectively under tight deadlines.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits, including 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!
Read Full Job Description