Of the several thousand known diseases that affect humans, only ~500 have treatments; few have cures.Despite advances that have made the discovery of new drug candidates faster than ever, thousands of potential treatments remain "on the shelf," untested, because of the enormous bottleneck of putting them through clinical trials. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs over $1B -- and over time, the problem has only gotten worse. As a result, only a select few treatments ever get a shot at reaching patients who need them. To make matters worse, the high cost of clinical trials often results in high drug prices for patients.TrialSpark is a new healthcare company on a mission to bring treatments to patients faster and more efficiently by reimagining clinical trials.Join us in changing the way physicians, researchers, and patients work together to advance medical research.
As a Senior Strategic Finance Manager at TrialSpark, you will be responsible for driving financial planning and analysis (FP&A) as well as providing financial support to business development, operational and other cross-functional strategic initiatives. You also will be responsible for providing analytical support and complex modeling to enable fact-based decision making across the organization and at the leadership and board level.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and building out TrialSpark’s core FP&A capabilities, including the processes and tools employed in day-to-day execution.Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities for in this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading annual budgeting and long-term financial planning
- Maintaining rolling company forecast based on inputs from accounting and functional teams
- Partnering with business development in the financial evaluation of asset acquisition opportunities and incorporating acquired assets into budgets, forecasts and long-term financial planning
- Partnering with operations to build detailed drug development budgets and with accounting to monitor and review financial performance against budgets
- Recommending actionable and measurable key performance indicators (KPIs) that drive company performance to key stakeholders based on financial insights
- Supporting creation and review of financial reports and analyses for functional leaders, company leadership and the company’s board of directors
- Identifying, evaluating and implementing tools to facilitate continuous improvement in the quality and speed of financial reporting, forecasting and analysis as the business scales
- Establishing a Providing ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions as needed
You’d be a great fit for this position if you have 5+ years of FP&A, strategic finance, principal investment and/or investment banking experience and:
- Prior experience at an early stage company in healthcare and/or life sciences preferred
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Prior experience implementing financial planning software to enable functional scaling (e.g., Adaptive)
- You can work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- You can synthesize strategic insights from complex, detailed financial analysis and clearly communicate financial concepts to audiences with limited context and/or without a financial background
- You are strong self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity yet drives towards clarity
- You are intellectually curious and constantly look for ways to improve how to do things
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.