Senior Tax Accountant at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
As a global company with an expanding footprint, this is an exciting time to join the team. You will play a key role in helping the tax function accurately prepare the quarterly tax provision and help coordinate the income tax compliance process across multiple jurisdictions. You are a team player with a collaborative mindset who can build lasting relationships with counterparts in the Finance team and with our third party service providers.
Process improvement is your thing, and you thrive on increasing efficiencies using automation tools and creating repeatable procedures. Having great organizational skills and attention to detail will go a long way in this role. We’ll also have some integral tax projects that we’d love for you to help us with.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist with preparing interim and annual global tax provision calculations under ASC 740 for federal, international, and state jurisdictions. Work cross-functionally to obtain source data and prepare various tax adjustment calculations that impact the provision.
- Research and analyze updates related to income tax matters and assess potential impact to the quarterly tax provision
- Draft memos to document and support various aspects of the tax provision
- Assist with the coordination of the outsourced income tax compliance process across all jurisdictions
- Facilitate the quarterly / annual tax depreciation with our third party service
- Reconcile income tax accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assist with the coordination of special tax projects as needed
- Assist with resolving tax audits and notices as they arise
- Update the income tax related cash flow and provide forecasts to the FP&A team on a monthly basis
- Involvement with special projects as they arise
- Previous tax experience
- Proficiency with US income tax matters
- US state and local income tax knowledge a plus
- Prior experience with OneSource Tax Provision
- Experience interacting with third party service providers
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- Experience using Alteryx a plus
- You are a team player
- CPA and advanced degree in Taxation preferred but not required
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!