Senior Tax Accountant at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
What You Will Do:
- Preparation of property tax returns for our various locations across the U.S.
- Maintain our business license portfolio and ensure all licenses are up to date as well as apply for new licenses as new locations open
- Review new revenue streams for taxability status and coordinate with revenue team to ensure proper sales tax is calculated by sales location.
- File sales tax in necessary jurisdictions on a timely and accurate basis.
- Review nexus status for various states where operations exist.
- Review corporate tax returns and be key liaison to external tax accountants.
- Develop a use tax process and ensure we have the proper reserves for key purchases.
- Coordinate/oversee other ongoing tax projects by 3rd party tax experts.
- Continue to leverage technology and add efficiencies to our overall tax procedures.
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years in Tax Accounting
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred!
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- Experience dealing with Property Tax and Sales and Use tax returns
- Working knowledge of corporate returns for both an LLC and a C-Corp
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Looker or other reporting tools
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills