Small Business Underwriter at Biz2Credit Inc.
Biz2Credit, a financial technology company founded in 2007, that provides funding to small business and Biz2X, a rapidly growing, high-growth Series B ($52M), SaaS digital lending platform start-up disrupting a $1.4 Trillion dollar industry. Biz2X's fully configurable SaaS platform incorporates artificial intelligence & machine learning to provide a full end-to-end solution in the SMB, Commercial, and Consumer lending space. As our partners embark on a digital transformation of their business, our solution increases operational efficiencies, enhances risk controls, and enables overall business growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Relationship Managers in structuring, analyzing and negotiating credit transactions
- Responsible for full-cycle underwriting of assigned small business financing
- Determine the ability of the client to repay financing based on analysis of the client's cash flow statements, tax returns, and other financial information
- Perform detailed financial analysis on the small business, including trend and ratio analysis, and interpret the financial information to determine credit quality and cash flow adequacy
- Perform credit analysis and financial statement analysis on co-owners, guarantors, and individuals to determine assets coverage for requested loan amounts
- Coordinate with Relationship Managers regarding customer calls and site visits
- Perform other due diligence as needed to determine the creditworthiness of a small business owner
Qualifications and Skills
- Required Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or similar discipline
- Formal credit training preferred
- 2+ years' experience working in a Merchant Cash Advance / financial institution underwriting small businesses; 2+ years in a commercial credit analyst or commercial underwriting role working with small businesses a plus
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess individual and company financial statements, cash flow, industry, and competitive analysis and projections
- Proficient in various spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel and Word are preferred) including the use of graphs/charts, and Moody's financial analysis software
- Basic knowledge of credit principles, lending operations, loan research, and general credit policies
- Team player with the ability to take the initiative
- Detail-oriented, ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem recognition and resolution skills
Some Benefits & Perks:
Flexible Work Hours (Hybrid must be in office 2-3 days a week)
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance
401K match, commuter benefits, and employee incentive plan
Catered lunch and team events
In the News:
Named to Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
Inc 5000 - fastest-growing private companies in 2020.
Crain's New York Fast 50.
Great Place to Work Certified.
Best Places to Work in New York
Best Places to Work in Fintech (American Banker)
2021 Finovate Award: Excellence in Pandemic Response
Biz2X - IBS Intellignce (IBSi) Global Fintech Innovation Award
The American Business Awards (2 Categories: Fastest Growing Tech Company & Social Video)
The Muse Creative Awards (2 Categories: Advertising Campaign & TV Ad).
Biz2Credit is an equal opportunity employer
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Salary Range $60k-$100k Position Underwriter Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt Hiring Manager(s) Open Date 5/3/2022 About the Organization
This position is currently accepting applications.