We are looking for an experienced Financial Systems Solution Architect to design and deliver technical solutions that align with and support our strategic roadmap and business capabilities. In this role, you’ll help scale our Business Systems organization to enable our employees to do their absolute best work.
As a successful Financial Systems Solution Architect, you’ll partner with stakeholders in the Finance and Strategy Organization (FSO) to improve and optimize business capabilities through business process automation supported by the design of a scalable, secure, integrated, and flexible system architecture. Successful candidates have a solid foundation of hands-on experience in financial systems design, configuration, implementation, engineering, and administration.
This position will report to our Director, Business Systems and can be based remotely or in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters or Austin, Texas office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately!
What you’ll do:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current state processes to identify areas of friction, waste, and opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Document solution architecture for a variety of scenarios to meet business requirements and support the company strategic growth strategy
- Define and adopt best practices for architecture, design and build while maintaining the roadmap for the Finance Systems team in collaboration with business stakeholders and the IT team
- Facilitate and advise on the evaluation and selection of financial tools and technologies, as well as lead proof-of-values/concepts (POV/POC) to determine and prove out solution viability from both a technical and business perspective
- Facilitate solution definition with subject matter experts and Enterprise Architects to ensure cross-functional process integration and cohesion and ensure that all stakeholders are part of the solution definition process
- Act as a Technical Lead on complex, cross-functional, transformational projects and initiatives, guiding the extended project team on the systems and process solutions, and technical design
- Partner with BA’s and BSA’s to understand and prioritize user, functional and technical requirements and assist and advise them and the broader project teams in the configuration, testing, implementation, and support of technical solutions
- Act as a data steward with a focus on governance to ensure processes and underlying systems are fully support and meet data integrity requirements across the enterprise
- Partner with the data analytics team to develop and manage appropriate performance and efficiency metrics for functional process domains to drive operational excellence
- Build and manage relationships with senior leaders within the IT organization (Security, Infrastructure, Engineering, Data and Analytics) and influence and manage key functional area leaders (Director/VP and above)
- Benchmark with industry peers on best practices to build a best-in-class systems architecture for the Finance Systems team
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of progressive experience in solution evaluation, design, configuration implementation, integration, and administration of Finance and Accounting systems; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of combined experience with:
- designing, configuring, and implementing various products in the Netsuite portfolio, including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tax Management, Fixed Asset Management, and OneWorld
- billing and subscription management processes and systems (i.e., Zuora) and the integration to and from both upstream (CRM and CPQ) and downstream (ERP, RevRec) platform applications
- Deep understanding and knowledge of business process and system architecture in support of finance-related value streams - Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Plan to Report
- Ability to define problems effectively, curate and analyze relevant data, establish facts, and draw valid and concrete conclusions to make and support sound recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to comfortably interface with internal and externals clients and present to executive management
- Demonstrates proven ability to manage multiple, often competing project workloads and activities
- System experience with Coupa, Concur, Blackline, Avalara, Stripe or Anaplan is a plus
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills; a background in business management, budgeting, and analysis is a strong plus
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.