Sr. Analyst, Research & Experimentation at Grubhub (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for a bright, curious and energetic Senior Analyst to join the data nerds on the Finance Experimentation Team at GrubHub. The Finance Experimentation team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the 'who, what, and whys' of our business, working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities. Successful candidates in this position will blend reliable analytics with a growing understanding of company strategy.
The Impact You Will Make
- Consult with business stakeholders on appropriate experimental design to answer important questions and ensure new features/initiatives are being tested rigorously
- Inform product strategy with deep consideration for learning agendas and competing initiatives, supported by layered analysis
- Partner with product and technology teams to make sure that we are capturing relevant data; collaborate with data engineering teams to get appropriate datasets built in a format that streamlines analysis and enables automation and reporting
- Help us enhance our experimentation platform by constantly evaluating if we are measuring appropriate business metrics, implementing statistical best practices, and validating our approach is driving good business outcomes
- Evaluate financial impact of experiments and other business changes/initiatives
- Be curious! Surface insights and trends that improve our customer experience, help us grow faster and generate more profit
What You Bring to the Table
- 4-6 years experience in data analytics, A/B testing, product analytics or a closely related field.
- Bachelors degree in a technical or analytical field required. Advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g. MBA, Master's Data Analytics, etc) preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of leveraging data to influence business decisions and strategy
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior leadership; synthesize results with clear data visualizations
- High curiosity to understand business impact and uncover actionable insights
- Desire to build strong working relationships with teammates, business partners, and technical colleagues
- Solid grasp of statistical techniques (significance testing, power calculations, causal inference, etc); advanced training in statistics and machine learning preferred
- Ability to work with large datasets and perform custom aggregations and data cleaning to meet analysis needs; high level of proficiency using SQL (applicable SQL experience in a full time role required)
- Experience working at a large scale consumer internet or e-commerce company is preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]