Sr. Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting at Vimeo
The Sr. Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting will be responsible for the preparation of the financial sections of Vimeo’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports, including quarterly and annual reports on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K as well as quarterly earnings releases including supplemental financial information. This position partners with Vimeo’s global consolidation and accounting teams to support Vimeo’s external reporting processes ensuring the integrity of the financial statements, applicable financial statement analysis and other supporting documentation.
Vimeo is a fast-paced environment that is demanding and challenging. Leadership and exceptional communication and technical skills are essential characteristics for success in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and maintain the external financial reporting process for Vimeo
- Oversee the preparation of all periodic quarterly and annual public filings required under Securities and Exchange Commission rules (10-Q and 10-K) and securities registration statements, as required.
- Prepare the Consolidated Financial Statements, including the balance sheet and statements of operations, comprehensive operations, shareholders’ equity and cash flows; notes to the consolidated financial statements; and all financial sections of SEC filings, including Management’s Discussion and Analysis.
- Coordinate the preparation of non-financial sections of Forms 10-Q and 10-K with appropriate departments including FP&A, Legal, Investor Relations, Tax and Treasury.
- Coordinate the preparation of the financial sections of the quarterly earnings release and supplemental financial analysis with FP&A and Investor Relations departments.
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, updating documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate
- Identify and resolve technical accounting matters, including the development and delivery of policies, procedures, training, and technology enhancements relating to the implementation of new accounting and financial reporting requirements and changes to existing requirements
- Research and provide technical accounting guidance for complex transactions determining appropriate accounting and financial reporting requirements and liaise with external auditors, outside technical advisors and/or other partners as appropriate
- Assist with accounting and reporting requirements for equity awards, including calculation of stock-based compensation, earnings per share calculations and reconciliation of stock to the records of the transfer agent.
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting for stock-based compensation and monitoring to actuals.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as part of the financial reporting process, responding to interim review and year-end audit queries.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Work experience – minimum of 12 years of experience:
- 5-7 years of Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in private accounting with heavy SEC financial reporting experience as well as solid consolidation experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in leading the annual and quarterly 10-K and 10-Q preparation process
- Experience with researching, evaluating, and implementing new accounting reporting and disclosure requirements, such as ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Must be current on U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex matters
- Exceptional leader with ability to develop team members
- Superior work ethic with high level of accountability
- Experience with Workiva (Wdesk) and XBRL preferred
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) software a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Dedication to continuous improvement
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs