Sr. Manager, International Accounting at Vimeo
The Senior Manager of International Accounting will be a key addition to the finance organization as Vimeo continues to grow its footprint worldwide!
Vimeo is looking for a highly motivated, experienced Senior Accounting Manager to ensure that all international entity financial close and reporting processes are consistent with US GAAP for consolidation purposes and with local GAAP for statutory filing purposes.
The successful candidate provides accounting and financial oversight for our international entities, and is primarily responsible for the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all financial reporting for multiple legal entities. This person is a high-profile business partner for Business Operations, Tax, Treasury and Internal Audit and is a key resource for setting up and maintaining new legal entities and business processes.What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and maintain the financial close process for Vimeo’s international entities (India, Israel, UK and Ukraine) adhering to a strict timeline
- Establish and communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting deliverables to/from international entities; acting as the key liaison with in-country accounting firms
- Review statutory financial reports and accounts, and work with local entities to bridge statutory financial and tax books to U.S. GAAP, ensuring reconciliations are complete and accurate
- Partner with the Tax team of our parent company, IAC, in reviewing and booking transfer pricing journal entries, ensuring the departmental structure accurately aligns to the intercompany tax agreements while maintaining accurate supporting documentation for local country tax refunds/credits
- Reconcile intercompany balances and ensure intercompany agreement terms and settlements are paid accurately and timely
- Ensure all key internal controls over operations and financial reporting are in place and operating in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations
- Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations, roll-forwards and flux analyses for all international entities as well as the mapping of monthly trial balances into Oracle to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Research international accounting guidance, assess ASC 830, Foreign Currency requirements and develop policies and procedures that are aligned to U.S. GAAP requirements
- Track all lease agreements for international entities; ensuring all terms are properly accounted for under ASC 842
- Assist with interim review and year end audit requests from internal and external auditors on matters related to international accounting and reporting as well as assist with international regulatory compliance
- Assist the IAC tax team with annual tax preparation packages collaborating closely with international tax reporting advisors
- 8+ years of accounting experience with managerial experience in a multi-country/currency environment preferably with a publicly traded company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- Strong U.S. GAAP experience required, IFRS experience a plus
- Expertise in international reporting, including but not limited to transfer pricing agreements, VAT/GST accounting, income tax withholding.
- Outstanding leader with the ability to influence others and earn respect of team and business partners!
- Ability to work across teams and levels, both within the accounting function, and across functions, including tax, legal, operations and senior leadership
- Ability to analyze financial documents/schedules and write commentary to explain results/variances in a concise and clear manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to link information together
- Must foster an environment of continuous improvement focusing on streamlining, improving and automating processes
- Must be adaptable and willing to multi-task and handle additional responsibilities as needed while meeting deadlines
- Possesses energy and passion for getting results; bias for action
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Conditional formulas)
- Experience with Oracle Fusion or Oracle EBS/Essbase/Hyperion/Blackline a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.