Sr. Manager, Procurement (Outsourced BPO experience a plus!) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Grubhub Procurement organization continues to grow in people and value delivered! This role offers Procurement ownership of Grubhub’s Customer Care and Outsourced BPO spend, including our Care & Logistics BPO and Care software partnerships. While this role is for an individual contributor to start, the role will provide the opportunity to assess and build the Outsource BPO and Care Tech category strategy, partner with strategic leaders within the Customer Care & Logistics organization, expand into other spend or foundational Procurement activities, and set the ROI for expanded team growth. Grubhub is looking for an experienced Procurement professional, preferably within the Technology industry, with demonstrated leadership capabilities to enhance the value driven by the Procurement function. This role reports into the Senior Director of Procurement at Grubhub.
The Impact You Will Make
- Owns the entire Care & Logistics BPOs and Care Software Procurement Category, including Outsourced BPO partnerships and Care Technology, to drive Procurement analytics, strategy, and partner negotiations
- Serves as a trusted business advisor to Grubhub Care & Logistics stakeholders, providing best-in-class sourcing & procurement consulting
- Responds rapidly to the changing dynamics of Grubhub and it’s partners, including supporting shifting new lines of business to our Outsourced BPO partners, negotiating updated pricing, and advising on new working models inclusive of SLA updates and structures
- Supports activities related to Supplier Relationship Management to drive quality and innovation development with our Outsourced BPO and Care software partners
- Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Provides thought leadership, continually identifies and implements new opportunities for cost savings, cost avoidance, quality and proactively tracks progress towards these objectives
- Uses data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to develop and execute sourcing strategies, business strategies, return on investment models, and change management programs to stakeholders and senior management.
- Implements and measures cost savings, reduction, and avoidance programs and strategies. Continually refines these programs to deliver optimal results for the company
- Leads the development, negotiation, and purchasing of high impact sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of Grubhub and it’s business stakeholders
- Reviews, assesses and negotiates supply agreements for best in class terms and conditions
- Implements value-driven procurement programs that deliver enterprise wide process improvement. Continually addresses and resolves organizational barriers with agile decision making and outstanding communication of risk versus reward
- Provide regular communication to leadership on project status, contract renewals, category performance, and various initiatives
- Demonstrates capability to build a high-performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action
What You Bring to the Table
- 7 plus years related experience in Finance, Supply Chain / Procurement, Contract Negotiations or Care Operations
- 3+ years prior management or equivalent leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience within Care specific procurement spend categories and negotiations is preferred
- Demonstrated experience negotiating with non US companies / locations is preferred
- Demonstrated communication and project management skills working with cross-functional teams across levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently and lead in a team environment; self-motivated; strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to process large amounts of often complex data; detail oriented, self starter
- Solid understanding of basic procurement law and commercial terms with ability to author & negotiate master services agreements, statements of work, change requests, amendment
- Intermediate to advanced professional experience in the sourcing and/or contracting (negotiations, drafting and administration) of communications products, software and/or professional services
- Ability to establish and monitor policies and guidelines
- Working knowledge of procurement systems and e-sourcing tools
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Able to navigate a fast-paced environment with working with remote teams
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.