Staff Accountant (Corporate Accounting) at Peloton
As a Staff Accountant (Corporate Accounting), you will play a critical role in accounting and reporting for various elements of Peloton’s Selling, General & Administrative expenses. You have a natural passion for numbers and a strong understanding of the intricacies of financial transactions within an organization. You possess a strong knowledge of applicable accounting concepts, including prepaid assets, accrued expenses, and US GAAP financial statements. While you are data driven and system-savvy, you also like to innovate, improve processes, and create efficiencies. You enjoy working cross-functionally and demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Play a key role in the month-end close processes for Cash, T&E, Marketing, and other assigned General Ledger accounts, as necessary
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations
- Continuously evaluate areas for process improvement and create new efficiencies
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus budget and forecast
- Work with both internal and external auditors to maintain and establish internal controls
- Assist with audit requests during quarterly and year-end audits
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, including new system implementations
- Support cross-functional business partners, including FP&A, AP, Treasury, and Marketing
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 1+ year(s) of general Accounting experience
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user
- Experience working with various systems (NetSuite, Concur, Coupa) a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK, Canada and Germany, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.