Staff Accountant (Inventory)
As the Inventory Staff Accountant, you will play a critical role in accounting and reporting for various elements of Peloton’s Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold. You possess a strong knowledge of applicable cost accounting concepts, supply chain finance, US GAAP financial statements and have experience working with external auditors to maintain and establish internal controls. While you’re data driven and system-savvy, you also demonstrate strong cross-functional collaboration, communication, and analytical skills to influence decision making in planning and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Assist in month-end close process for inventory-related balance sheet accounts, cost of goods sold, and other assigned General Ledger accounts, as necessary.
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of end of month physical inventory reconciliations.
- Play a hands-on role in the day-to-day inventory accounting operations and work closely with cross-functional groups to develop and maintain processes, procedures and policies.
- Coordinate and monitor physical inventory count process across warehouses and retail showrooms; reconcile results against financial system and investigate discrepancies.
- Support annual audits with external auditors, assist in internal control documentation.
- Act as a key finance partner in implementation of the company’s ERP system, focusing on inventory management and warehouse management.
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting required; CPA required
- Minimum 1+ years relevant accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- Experience in consumer products and/or retail industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Attention to details, strong analytical background
- NetSuite experience strongly desired
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large data files
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.