Staff Accountant - Reporting
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager and intellectually curious Accountant to join our growing team. This role will primarily focus on reporting. In this role, you will gain exposure to all departments across the company, and help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing efficiency through the use of technology, shortening the reporting cycle, and providing accurate, meaningful data to the leadership team.
We expect the Accountant - Reporting to be an important member of our small, but highly proficient, Finance team. The successful candidate will combine a strong accounting foundation, related reporting experience, and the desire to learn and develop their skills.
This role reports into the Accounting Manager in our New York headquarters.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal reporting purposes
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements for reporting purposes (10Qs and 10K) and all supporting documentation, including earnings per share calculations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility on a quarterly and annual basis
- Help develop/refine reporting processes, procedures and documentation and internal controls over financial reporting
- Research and document conclusions related to technical accounting issues and developments
- Assist the rest of the accounting team with certain monthly close activities
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience in general accounting functions
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP best practices related to financial reporting
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities
- Experience with Netsuite General Ledger and Workiva a huge plus
- Experience with international consolidations also a huge plus
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA required
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 750 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.