Staff Accountant (Revenue) at Peloton
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Revenue Staff Accountant to join our revenue accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for various Revenue focused workstreams, and will contribute to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the latest U.S. GAAP, including ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers , internal controls, and a willingness to thoroughly understand Pelotons multifaceted business. A natural numbers wizard with an affinity for data and software tools such as Excel and Alteryx would be a plus. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high-energy, high-growth organization.
- Ownership of revenue accounting close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners and external auditors
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in the calculation, presentation, and communication of revenue analytics and company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to finance leadership
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and effectively communicate issues
- Ensure all revenue SOX internal controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet the requirements of internal and external auditors
- Ensure data integrity and compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching or benchmarking best practices inside and outside of the company
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to the FP&A, Member Experience, Data Science, and Supply Chain teams
- Assist in other assigned department related tasks including special projects, ERP implementation, and other ad hoc analyses, as necessary
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 1-2 years of relevant Accounting experience
- Active CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Tech-savvy and comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets
- ASC 606 knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to NetSuite, SAP, Blackline, and Alteryx is a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.