Staff Accountant (T&E and International)
The Staff Accountant, T&E and International will be charged with owning the expense reporting system and processing as well as the global corporate card program. In addition, (s)he will be the lead person to liaise with our international external accountants to ensure timely receipt of financial information. (S)he will assist in coordinating day-to-day international accounting operations and statutory audits.
Successful members of the Knotel team embrace curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving. Speed bumps are seen as opportunities to showcase one's skill. As a fast-growing startup, the ability to create and adhere to scalable processes with strong controls and juggle multiple priorities is a must. Prior experience in a high-growth, multi-currency and/or public company is highly desired.
What You’ll Do
- Own the global corporate card program and T&E system:
- Ensure program/system optimization, strong controls and effective team member communications
- Create, document and adhere to scalable processes for timely and accurate data and payments
- Implement measures that fit Knotel's culture to ensure deadlines and policies are followed
- Monthly account reconciliations, weekly expense review and journal entries
- Monthly reporting to identify spending patterns and build in fiscal discipline
- Liaise with external international accountants
- Coordinate with international team and Accounting HQ to ensure consistency in and timely responses regarding day-to-day expense operations
- Oversee statutory audits and compile reporting requirements
- Ensure timely receipt of international data for consolidated reporting
Who You Are
You are a “numbers person” and a “people person” who is immaculately organized and always identify and implementing improvements. You’re skilled when it comes to translating accounting language and into layman’s terms and help our teams understand the why to get the what. You’re comfortable doing so with groups of any size and at all levels. You also have the following:
- At least 3 years of proven success in a similar role and environment
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.)
- Passion for leveraging systems and effectively implements process improvements
- Comfort managing up, working independently and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to speak multiple languages highly preferred
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 60 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.