WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team and to help support the continued expansion of our global business. The Staff Accountant will assist the Corporate Accounting Team to ensure the accurate and timely closing of the monthly books, assist with the annual audits, SOX compliance and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. This role will report directly to the Manager, Corporate Accounting and have exposure to the Director, Corporate Accounting. This role will be based in our NYC office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Play an essential role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes, including preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Perform monthly analytics to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Work with the FP&A and Accounts Payable Team to ensure accurate coding of expenses and proper recording of invoice and purchase order accruals and other AP related accounts.
- Aid in the optimization of existing platforms and the use of platforms such as NetSuite
- Assist with documentation of accounting policies and procedures that ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Assist with financial audits and SOX compliance
- Undertake other ad hoc analyses and special projects as required
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Big 4 or large regional firm experience a plus
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- SaaS or Technology industry preferred
- Proven knowledge and application of US GAAP, with a general understanding of SOX
- Highly organized and results-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet tight timelines; able to manage multiple priorities
- Highly self-motivated, detailed oriented, flexible team player that is able to operate independently
- Solid verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven proficiency of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- General understanding of NetSuite, Floqast or other comparable ERP systems is preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.